Challenges when packaging fragile cosmetic products
• Variation of products: Most cosmetic businesses sell a wide variety of products, which calls for a range of packaging types. For instance, a pressed powder blush has vastly different packaging requirements to a liquid foundation. These variations in packaging needs mean that some products are more vulnerable to breakage than others.
• Levels of fragility: Another common issue is the level of fragility of products. Cosmetics such as eyeshadows, blushers, and bronzers, are prone to crumbling during transportation. These types of products require sturdy and robust palettes, that will prevent cracking and crumbling.
• Product integrity: Products that are prone to oxidization, degradation, or contamination need to be properly packaged to protect them from outside elements. Otherwise, the integrity of the formula is at risk, and the product may be rendered unusable. For instance, airless solutions protect formulas from coming into contact with air, helping to extend the shelf life of the product.
Advice for packaging fragile products
• Wrap products well: Before shipping your products, it’s vital to ensure they’re correctly and efficiently wrapped. Wrapping products will add additional protection, and help to protect the load from any knocks or bumps during transportation. Remember that different products will have different wrapping requirements, depending on their level of fragility.
• Choose the appropriate packaging solutions: While some products, such as lipsticks, are prone to melting in high temperatures, others may become damaged if exposed to moisture. Therefore, you must ensure that the packaging that you choose for your products will adequately protect it from external elements and contaminants.
• Seek expert advice: When it comes to ensuring your precious products arrive to the customer in one piece, you don’t want to leave things to change. Here at APG, we’re experts in packaging cosmetic products. If you’re struggling to find the right packaging to fit your requirements, or you require some advice, don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’ll be more than happy to help.